About The Conference
The Journey Through Hallowed Ground Partnership invites you to our 10th Annual Conference.
The Journey Through Hallowed Ground Partnership’s 10th Annual Conference is an opportunity to recognize and celebrate two important anniversaries: The Centennial of the National Park Service and the 50thAnniversary of the National Historic Preservation Act. These two ideas, perhaps more than any other, have shaped the character, landscape, and the story that is told about our shared heritage. For our partners, this is an opportunity to discuss and reflect on all that has been accomplished toward preservation, conservation and education over the past century, as well as how we can collectively help to shape the future.
For this year’s conference, we have chosen Hagerstown, MD – a town whose unique history is characterized by immigration, the Civil War, the railroad, and industry, all while maintaining the quaint charm of a semi-rural town. Against this backdrop, we will discuss the past, present and future of preservation, conservation and heritage tourism.
The Journey Through Hallowed Ground Partnership’s Annual Conference offers many opportunities for engagement, inspiration, connection, learning, and fun!
- Educational sessions featuring expert speakers to inspire and reinvigorate you
- An Awards Luncheon to celebrate the accomplishments of your colleagues
- A Field Session Tour to show how you can make the most of your own unique tourism assets
- A networking reception allowing you to connect and engage, face to face, with your peers
Who should attend?
- Attraction & museum staff
- National Park Service employees
- Economic development & tourism professionals
- Preserve America Main Street communities
- Nonprofit organizations
- Convention & Visitors Bureaus
- Certified Tourism Ambassadors
- Engaged citizens
- Teachers & educators